12 Successful People Who Faced Extreme Hardship But Never Gave Up
Failure is a term that comes with negative connotations. It’s often connected to defeat and frustration, but many forget that failure is a necessary part of growth that can result in a plethora of positive actions. In fact, failure has a multitude of benefits that can help you learn and even strengthen your skills, regardless of the journey you’ve embarked on. Here are a couple of the ways failure can help us flourish:
- Failure can teach us lessons. It’s important to take note of things you should avoid doing in the future just the same as those you should. Jot down reasons as to why you think a business venture or creative endeavor failed, and try to correct those mistakes at the next go around. Journaling is a great way to make mental notes of these setbacks.
- Failure keep us humble. It’s a great motivating factor that also keeps us grounded and by default, makes our intentions that much more meaningful.
- Failure reinvigorates our creative zest. Sometimes, it’s important to reassess why something failed, and make sure you’re on the right path creatively. It’s important to pivot to something that you’re passionate about that inspires you daily.
- Failure builds compassion and character. It allows us to see where we stand when times are tough, rather than during positive situations only. It tests our courage, strength, and determination.
- Failure furthers your knowledge and experience. Failing isn’t the end of the road, but rather a chance to gain more knowledge and experience that will make you wiser and stronger when you are ready to give it another shot.
As you can see, there are numerous benefits of failing. In fact, we can learn from many famous creatives who have faced extreme hardships throughout life, but persisted and seen great success. Did you know that J.K. Rowling was rejected from 12 major publishing houses for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone? She went on to become the first author to become a billionaire through book writing. The famous creative said it herself, “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.”
And it’s not just Rowling who overcame great obstacles in life. Einstein couldn’t even speak until he was four nor read until he was seven. From there, he went on to win a Nobel Prize for his extraordinary work in modern physics. Said by the theoretical physicist himself, “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
Oprah, Walt Disney, Dr. Suess, and Vincent van Gogh are more examples of people who had to overcome much throughout their lives to get to where they are today. Some grew up in extreme poverty, others faced mental illnesses. The infographic below highlights twelve of these inspirational stories that we can all learn from. Whether it be needing motivation for a new business venture, career change, health goal, etc, it’s important to remember that facing your fears and really moving outside your comfort zone can inevitably result in failure. Power through to reap the benefits.
The post 12 Successful People Who Faced Extreme Hardship But Never Gave Up appeared first on Fearless Motivation – Motivational Videos & Music.